I don't know if you guys noticed but it happens to be a presidential voting year. Ha! Ha ha! Sigh... Pretty sure even if I was living under a rock, someone would end up knocking on it wondering if I would like to post a sign on it. Actually, I haven't really been bombarded by all the craziness, because I almost never watch TV or the news and I rarely read the newspaper whether it is paper or online. Please don't take tht as I am "uninformed" about what is happening in this "world", but simply that the TV, newspaper, internet and etc. don't hold value to me. Truthfully, sometimes I don't know what the newest political scandal is until I log into Facebook and see the status updates. (The next couple of statements might sound bad to some, but there is no other way to say it. AND I have typed and retyped them trying to find the right words to say. I am not perfect.) People lie. I never take anything people say as truth initially. Whether is is knowingly done, unconsciously done or ignorantly done, people lie. I am a person. So I group myself in that statement. If there is a status update that draws my attention, I will look into it more. There is only one source I take as truth automatically. God and his Word.
I have avoided stating what could be looked at as "political" or "religious" views regarding the upcoming issues on my Facebook page. Even now in my own blog, I will not be talking about anything specific. I will be avoiding stating my voting preferences all together. In this political atmosphere, I choose to keep how I will be voting to myself.
Here is where my heart is in pain today. Our country is broken. Shattered. Wounded. Our people act like they are in a civil war, because in their hearts this is war. They are defending their rights as a citizen of the United States of America. It is a huge deal. All sides of the political equation have either God left out completely or put in the wrong place. Not many are proud to be an American. Not many have faith in our country as a whole. Broken. During the Civil War, both sides had a strong belief in God. President Lincoln had public fasting days, where he urged Americans to go to their churches, humbly ask God for forgiveness and pray for God's blessings. In the new Confederate Constitution, they identified themselves as Christians "invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God". Their national motto was Deo Vindice, "God will avenge". Even with each side declaring that is was their God given rights, they at least had God in common. I don't know what history says healed our country from that great division. I don't know if it ever has fully healed. I know that religion is never a good Band-Aid. It doesn't stick long enough to cover the wound to aid in a clean and safe environment to heal. I know God is always enough, but if we don't choose to draw near to him, then he can't draw near to us. I also know that if we as a nation choose to heal, right now we will try to find the way with our own power. People will get hurt, they will die. History has shown us that.
Never question this, my friends. I try to weigh all my decisions, whether big or small, not based on religion but relationships. My most important relationship is with God. When I fully rely on him, there is never any doubt in my decisions. So from that you will realize that my political views are based on my relationship with God. Take from that what you will. In my heart, life without God is death. This is not my life, it is God's life given into me. I do not doubt for one moment that without God, I am nothing. I have been there without relying on God, I sure did feel like nothing. No one, no thing could make me feel more full of worth than God. Would you send your son, your heir, to hell in order to save a worthless person?
Annnnnd I have gone off topic. Yesterday, I was in line at the Walmart Customer Service. Policies and procedures are important, without them control can quickly turn into chaos. But that doesn't mean it can't aggravate. Without meaning to I was coming off sounding rude to the employees there. When I ask a direct question and want a truthful answer my tone of voice can sound aggressive. I left the counter and as we were doing our shopping, I came to the realization that my one badly voiced question (even though it was not consciously done) could have a snowball effect. Before I left the store, I left my husband and children at that checkout area, and went to apologize. Although those employees are strangers to me, they aren't to God, and I was hurtful. A simple sorry was given, but it was a necessary one. "I am sorry. As I went around the store, I know I didn't want to leave the store without you knowing that I felt bad for being rude and aggressive. I have no excuse. I am sorry." Our country is changing, but when our decisions are made from the heart and based on strong relationships, maybe we can soothe these growing pains. My prayer is that you all will be able to know God and have a great relationship with him. Be blessed, friends.
Come and see! All the love and laughter the Jacobs family brings! We thrive in this... Faith, Love, Knowledge, Happiness and Freedom.
...Let's Talk About Me...
- Mrs. Jacobs
- Montrose, Minnesota, United States
- My family is a blessing! I am married to the wonderful and talented Mr. Gregory Jacobs. We have four children together. Malachi, the little man. Lily, the loving heart. Autumn, the free spirit. Willow, the sweetness. I absolutely love love love being a wife and mama! We raise our children in a Christian home. There is so much more to it than that one sentence can state, but hopefully you'll see it shine through in my posts. I live to serve God and my life is complete only through and in Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment