...Let's Talk About Me...

My photo
Montrose, Minnesota, United States
My family is a blessing! I am married to the wonderful and talented Mr. Gregory Jacobs. We have four children together. Malachi, the little man. Lily, the loving heart. Autumn, the free spirit. Willow, the sweetness. I absolutely love love love being a wife and mama! We raise our children in a Christian home. There is so much more to it than that one sentence can state, but hopefully you'll see it shine through in my posts. I live to serve God and my life is complete only through and in Him.

Monday, August 6, 2012

When God Gives...

When you put your trust, your hope, your everything in God, your life is full and bursting with happiness and love, full of goodness. 

This past Friday and Saturday, I was blessed with an overnight stay away with women from my church.  To be able to worship and fellowship with other women of God is amazingly refreshing. Voices joined as one while we sang praises and hearts blended as we got into His Word. I returned home not only with a great lesson on how to better imitate God, but also with encouragement that the direction my life has taken is the right direction. I returned home with lots of love and a better understanding regarding my church family. Like I said, I was blessed. 

There was a time in my life when I hid certain things that God was doing in me from most people. I thought I was hiding them for my "protection". Although during that time I wasn't hiding as much as some thought, but I didn't offer an insight into my life unless you asked me specifics. When God gives you gifts, you use them. ALL of them. Not just the ones you want, when you want. Because of that my Father needed to teach me a love lesson. And my life moved to a time of relearning who I am IN Him. As I was sitting listening to our speaker at the women's conference, God gave me words on how my life has changed. 

When God gives you words, you share them. 

I am a book
God is my author
I want is to be open
Every chapter free for all to see
To read, to feel
To be a testimony
To show a life created by God
I will not hide any chapter
It might be that chapter alone that God wants to publish
I want to be open
Not a book stored on a shelf
But found on the coffee table
My binding worn out but still strong
Freely used in God's conversations
A testimony to God's love

You can't see it, but there is a smile on my face. For all those that these words reach, know that I am an open book. 
Which brings me to this...
Today as I went about my daily routines, I felt an urging. When God whispers, you sit in the silence and listen. When God urges, you react. Most of you who read this know that there was a period in my life when I felt my life held no value. My life was full of depression and darkness. During this decade of my life, I learned and relearned and relearned of God's love for me, his passion for my life, and his calling for my future. God wants nothing but happiness and goodness for me, I am his child. Satan wants me destroyed and void of life.  

John 10:10 AMP, "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). 

I am standing in prayer that this reaches who it is intended for, please know that God is all you need. Also know that you are NEVER alone. Put your trust in him, give him your worries, your fears, your doubts and he will give you peace in return. Our God is faithful to us, he will not let us fall. When the darkness seems to be all around you, speak to the Light and you will feel the warm of His love for you. And know that we are a family in Christ, I want happiness and goodness to be bursting from your life. Talk to your church family, let us know, so that together we can stand against the forces of evil and lift you up with encouragement and prayer. We have all needed our family, you are not alone in what you are feeling. 

1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT, "The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

Thank you Lord for your faithfulness. Thank you for your goodness and love. Thank you for joy that overflows. Thank you for a family in Christ that only wants what you want for me. Thank you  Father God for your words of encouragement regarding this new direction my life has taken. In all things I praise your name. Be blessed friends! 

No comments: