...Let's Talk About Me...

My photo
Montrose, Minnesota, United States
My family is a blessing! I am married to the wonderful and talented Mr. Gregory Jacobs. We have four children together. Malachi, the little man. Lily, the loving heart. Autumn, the free spirit. Willow, the sweetness. I absolutely love love love being a wife and mama! We raise our children in a Christian home. There is so much more to it than that one sentence can state, but hopefully you'll see it shine through in my posts. I live to serve God and my life is complete only through and in Him.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Beautiful!


If I were to take a poll on “What is stopping you from achieving your goals?”, I am sure the two top contenders would be time and money.  So as I paused and pondered on “what is beautiful?”, I couldn’t help but think about how much time and money we spend making our appearance something appealing. The best and newest clothing styles. A trendy hairstyle. Flawless skin. A body that will make everyone stop and stare at while seething with envy.

Are those things truly worth the time and money we put to them? Are we changing our lives for the better with the perfect shade of $20 lipgloss? Does spending an entire afternoon looking for the perfect pair of shoes to have with a new dress help us achieve our goals and dreams? Wow. When put that way it seems like I have been wasting a whole lot more than time and money, but also my mental health! How much struggle have we put into wanting to feel beautiful? How much negativity have we directed onto ourselves for the price of an attractive appearance? Don’t get me wrong! There is everything good in striving to be HEALTHY!

I will take joy that the truth will always set me free. That I can let that freedom penetrate deep into my heart, because true beauty starts in our hearts. In our hearts, are we longing for a pretty face? No, we are longing to be loved, to feel worthy and to be happy. 1 Samuel 16:7 says that “…The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” A beautiful heart makes an attractive person.
 
Be blessed friends!

No comments: