Last night, while the house was quiet and I should have been asleep, I was reading the bible in bed. The book of Titus, which is a letter from Paul to Titus, has been popping up in my mind lately, which to me means God's whisper to read it. It isn't lengthy, so it was a quick read. I ended up waking up my husband, Gregory, when I got to some verses that has been popping up here and there in our lives lately. I only read to him three verses, but I will be urging him to read the whole of Titus when I see him after he is done at work. Because it is the whole that is truly important. These are the verses I read to him.
Titus 3:9-11 NCV
But stay away from those who have foolish arguments and talk about useless family histories and argue and quarrel about the law. Those things are worth nothing and will not help anyone.
After a first and second warning, avoid someone who causes arguments.
You can know that such people are evil and sinful; their own sins prove them wrong.
It seems that for the past couple of months I have been talking about love, which means in this world's political atmosphere that I was also talking about hate. How Jesus loves ALL of us. How God is love. How we are called to love. Love breeds love while hate breeds hate. Love the sinner hate the sin. How love and respect go hand in hand. Not all the same conversations, not all the same beginnings to the subject, but love always ending up in the conversation.
Which brings the circle back round to "I am a social network junkie." and also Titus. I stated above that I check these social networks at least once a day. Also you can tell that I am a Christian, so therefore I "follow" Christian pages on these social networks. There is always someone, not a Christian, commenting on the posts wanting to create controversy for the "ignorant" believer. There is also always a Christian who wants to argue with the non-believer, which for the most part turns into a hate fest, containing words only meant to hurt, on both sides. It always, and I say again ALWAYS, leaves me with a heavy heart. I see the comments, on both sides, that I WANT to jump into, but my fingers always stop before I post. Why? Because God gives me the insight to see that none of the non-believers who are there are wanting to seek the truth, but to just create chaos in the ranks of those who call themselves believers. AND because He also gives me insight that those believers spewing hate, in it's many forms, are enjoying it just as much as the ones creating chaos. They need to be spoken to face to face, not from some random comment. Truthfully, it all leaves me with a heavy heart and frustrated. Makes me question why I even "do" social networking in the first place. BUT In the darkness, there is light. There is always someone who benefits from the initial post, and gets to know God a little bit more and their comments are beauty.
Hello, my name is Alyssa. I am a Christian. I enjoy the truth that is God's word. I read the bible daily. SO... Thank you God for the light in the darkness. Thank you Lord for your truth that lifts away the heaviness. Thank you God for Your love. Thank you for Your mercy and grace.
Titus 3:1-8 NCV
Remind the believers to yield to the authority of rulers and government leaders, to obey them, to BE READY to do good, to speak no evil about anyone, to live in peace, and to BE GENTLE AND POLITE to ALL people. In the past we also were foolish. We did not obey, we were wrong, and we were slaves to many things our bodies wanted and enjoyed. We spent our lives doing evil and being jealous. People hated us, and we hated each other. But when the kindness and LOVE of God our Savior was shown, he saved us because of his mercy. It was not because of good deeds we did to be right with Him. He saved us through the washing that made us new people THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT. God poured out richly upon us that Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ our Savior. Being made right with God by his grace, we could have the hope of receiving the life that never ends. This teaching is true, and I want you to be sure the people understand these things. Then those who believe in God will be careful to use their lives for doing good. These things are good and will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment