When you think of the Holy Spirit what do you symbolize it with?
WIND. That was what I replied without hesitation. I have always felt an instant and intense connection to the natural force of wind. Bringing with it life. A restorative breath. From like a whisper to destruction. I wait and listen for that voice that carries peace and understanding to me upon the wind. Many times I have mentioned how I stand in the wind, enjoying its presence.
John 3:8 AMP "The wind blows (breathes) where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
I had to go deeper. Blue FIRE. That was my husband's response. I can only speculate why it has to be a blue fire for him. I can see it though. If I had to put a color to the Holy Spirit, I would choose blue. So I think I can put his thoughts to words. The bluest part of a fire is the hottest. The most intense. Fire guides us in the darkness. It lights our paths. Shows us the truth that our eyes can not see when darkness falls. It warms us when we are cold. It clears a path, sometimes with destruction, so that something new can come in its place. When Gregory came to the Lord, it is would be easy to symbolize it like that. His old life was instantly destroyed. His relationship with Christ was bright and intense and there was no way he was going to hide it. His fire for Christ was burning bright for ALL to see.
Matthew 3:11 AMP "I indeed baptize you in (with) water because of repentance [that is, because of your changing your minds for the better, heartily amending your ways, with abhorrence of your past sins]. But He Who is coming after me is mightier than I, Whose sandals I am not worthy or fit to take off or carry; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirt and with fire."
"Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down. Oh comforter and friend. How we need Your touch again. Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down. Let Your power fall. Let Your voice be heard. Come and change our hearts. As we stand on your word. Holy Spirt, rain down." I remember a time, while I was on a missions trip to Mexico, and it started to rain after we did our performance. We ended up in a tiny stairwell singing it loudly. Boldly. Even as I think back on it, happiest of tears fill my eyes.
Titus 3:5-6 AMP "He saved us, not because of any works of righteousness that we had done, but because of His own pity and mercy, by [the] cleansing [bath] of the new birth (regeneration) and renewing of the Holy Spirit. Which He poured out [so] richly upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior."
There is more. At least two more that we easily symbolize to the Holy Spirit. The DOVE and OIL (anointing). My heart wanted more, it wanted to go deeper, because it wanted to know who dwells in me. Who flows from me. The awesome and mighty power behind the symbols He inspires. Through my life I have gained vital experiences with Him. Quenching my thirst of knowledge. Burning down walls. Teaching me to listen to the small voice. Feeling the purity and truth of His words. Blessing me with the power only His anointing can bring. In all this only one thing remains to be said to my God who loves me so much, not only did He send his Son for me to have eternal life, but he also sent to us the Holy Spirit so that I can know Him intimately.
That one thing, THANK YOU!



No comments:
Post a Comment