...Let's Talk About Me...

My photo
Montrose, Minnesota, United States
My family is a blessing! I am married to the wonderful and talented Mr. Gregory Jacobs. We have four children together. Malachi, the little man. Lily, the loving heart. Autumn, the free spirit. Willow, the sweetness. I absolutely love love love being a wife and mama! We raise our children in a Christian home. There is so much more to it than that one sentence can state, but hopefully you'll see it shine through in my posts. I live to serve God and my life is complete only through and in Him.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Thoughts All A Jumble

What is it that draws you into a book? Those who have even a small amount of imagination can visualize what they are reading in their mind’s eyes. Those of us with the blessing to let the book come to life not only sympathize with the character but also empathize with them. Is it our humanity? I could go even as deep into the thought that maybe a book can’t hurt us like a human being standing in front of us can. If we were just to open our hearts and eyes to them, like we do to an open book. Would we, could we move past the hurt we can’t control? We cry, we laugh, and we sigh with the words of art. We can’t control the direction the author takes us. We know this to be false. Not reality. Then why can it feel so real? And why do we let our real lives suffer. When we know, truly know. We can have some of the things in our lives that are in that book. Some don’t know though that we can have more in our lives then what is in that book.

Here I sit after another night of reading a book I couldn’t put down. That I longed for more to see after I finished its 600 plus pages. And I wonder. I am not one to look at life cautiously. I live life abundantly. When I love, I love to the fullest my heart and soul will let me. No need to lie. I sometimes pull back or even hold back, because of past hurts or the possibility of hurt. You have to learn from mistakes. And so that is why today I sit and evaluate the splendid being that is human. Created in love, with love, from love. Made to love. The sound of birds chirping. The laughter of children. The wind as it blows softly across my face. Made to cry, laugh and sigh at the world around me.

Maybe my thoughts, all a jumble, are for you. The person who takes the time to see what the heck I am typing about today. I know I don’t want to stop this inspiration, this passion, this sense of finding more in life than one can from a great piece of fiction. You won’t find me steering clear of books. I love them. But I love what is in front of me more. The joy of living.

No comments: