...Let's Talk About Me...

My photo
Montrose, Minnesota, United States
My family is a blessing! I am married to the wonderful and talented Mr. Gregory Jacobs. We have four children together. Malachi, the little man. Lily, the loving heart. Autumn, the free spirit. Willow, the sweetness. I absolutely love love love being a wife and mama! We raise our children in a Christian home. There is so much more to it than that one sentence can state, but hopefully you'll see it shine through in my posts. I live to serve God and my life is complete only through and in Him.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's Been Awhile...

It doesn't seem that long ago that I blogged. In my mind. In the reality of time, it has been awhile. Life has a way of getting busy. Last time I blogged I was getting ready for an interview. After two interview with three people, I got hired on as a Window Specialist for JCPenney. Basically putting my DIY knowledge to making my customer's windows look "fabulous". So far it is going really good. It is commissioned based, so I have to sell in order to make more money. And for those of you who know me, I HATE to be all about the money. Concerning that part, it seems I haven't had to think about HAVING to make money. Because I've had some really good sales in the four days I've been on the floor working. So I don't worry about my paycheck but about my customers.

We are abundantly being blessed as well. Through some wonderful people we met at church, (we have met a lot of wonderful people from church actually) we have an opportunity to gain some square footage to our living situation. Even though we weren't looking to move to a bigger place, because it would up the bills. But it just seemed to fall into place. And with today's housing situation, we can also help out our new friends as well. That and also opportunities for Gregory and I to get out in the adult world more without our children keep arising. It isn't often we get to do that together. And the biggest blessing...happiness. It feels so good to feel so good. Our not so little family is a happy family, with great friends, a great community of fellow Christians, opportunities to serve and minister, and laughter. I know God has blessed us richly.

And I should talk a little bit about how my inner reflection panned out. It was a much needed reflection, to keep me in check, and to give me renewed hope. Not only in God's promises, but also that I am doing ok. God knew I needed to step back and figure out some things concerning my heart, but after stepping back he renewed my spirit. Even though I didn't realize I needed it, He knew I needed that too. So everything is all better now. :)

Hopefully it won't be awhile...until next time.

No comments: