My life, no doubt, revolves around my family. I would have liked to say "my little family". In terms of numbers, we are far from little. In terms of size, the majority are little. I have three children, so far. The oldest being Malachi. The middle child being Lily. The youngest being Autumn. Three children. Four years of age and under. I truly enjoy it!
Just imagine how my day begins.
At 5am, the husband gets out of bed. With all the bells and whistles. Lights and sounds. He gets himself ready for work.
At 5:30am, Autumn usually wakes up, from a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep, looking for some food. And gosh darnit, she has to have it NOW! I expect no less from a 5 month old child. Soon she is happy and after getting a full belly, I get to go back to bed. But the bed doesn't stay cold on my hubby's side. The baby likes to occupy it.
At 7am, Malachi, our early riser, gets up. It is like clockwork. No matter when the child goes to bed. He is always up around 7am. But thank the Lord, he is old enough to play quietly in his bedroom without getting himself harmed or in trouble. So I continue sleeping.
Between 7:30 and 8am, Lily, our drama queen, awakens from her deep slumber. And get the party started. Usually she plays around my bed or in her or her brother's room, until I can get my groggy butt out of bed.
Soon after, breakfast is fed to the masses. Which usually don't include me. Not yet. All the babies get their morning pees and poopies out of the way. Still doesn't include me. Thank the Lord, I was blessed with a high capacity bladder. Malachi does this by himself now. Lily is just learning to do this by herself. And at least doesn't do it in diapers anymore, but still needs my assistance. And Autumn, of course, is in diapers.
Some days these type of mornings have assistance. Weekends. Some days these morning include changing out of pjs right away. But I still sometimes reflect back to the days of old.
I woke up to an alarm clock set for me. I got up, picked out clothes, bathed, made myself ready for the day ahead. I ate and peed when I needed and or wanted to do so. And I only had to do it for me.
But yet...just for the sound of my children's laughter in the mornings. I wouldn't go back to starting my day that way ever again.
Come and see! All the love and laughter the Jacobs family brings! We thrive in this... Faith, Love, Knowledge, Happiness and Freedom.
...Let's Talk About Me...
- Mrs. Jacobs
- Montrose, Minnesota, United States
- My family is a blessing! I am married to the wonderful and talented Mr. Gregory Jacobs. We have four children together. Malachi, the little man. Lily, the loving heart. Autumn, the free spirit. Willow, the sweetness. I absolutely love love love being a wife and mama! We raise our children in a Christian home. There is so much more to it than that one sentence can state, but hopefully you'll see it shine through in my posts. I live to serve God and my life is complete only through and in Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment